11 Feb Creamy macadamia butter (low histamine)
Hands up who loves nut butters as much as I do! Doesn´t it make any food better? As a topping on oatmeal or vegetables, in salad dressings or right out of the jar with a spoon, you just can´t go wrong. Unfortunately I had to make big changes with my eating habits after I was diagnosed with a histamine intolerance, especially with nuts, since most of them are to be avoided.
I make sure that I use high quality macadamias for this nut butter. Natural, non-roasted and unsalted.
Besides coconut, macadamia is the most compatible nut when you suffer from allergies or especially a histamine intolerance. It contains only a small amount of phytic acid, which can even be reduced by soaking.
Of course it also tastes simply divine and is rich in unsaturated fatty acids. There´s a reason that they are called “queen of nuts”!
You don´t need a high speed blender to blend the nuts . I use my 10 year old one and it works perfectly. Macadamias can be processed very easily because of the high fat content.
Have fun trying the recipe and enjoy!
Creamy macadamia butter (low histamine)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts ((unrosted & unsalted))
- 1 pinch of salt ((optional))
- 1 tsp coconut oil ((optional))
- Place the macadamia nuts in a blender and blend until it reaches the desired consistency. If you like it really creamy 3-4 minutes.
- Add a little bit of salt if you like and stir in melted coconut oil if you prefer a creamier consistency. I like it just pure.
- Fill into an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator.