11 Feb Moist Vegan Coconut Pancakes (low histamine)
You can never have to many pancakes recipes right? For me a sunday without pancakes for breakfast is not real sunday. That’s why I already wrote my 3rd blog post about the little delicious delicacies to bring some variety on the table. As you maybe noticed already , I love everything with coconut, so I wanted to create a recipe which contains coconut flour and my beloved coconut milk.
The pancakes are super moist, thick and almost creamy. As always, they are without industrial sugars and are low in histamine. I replaced the normal baking soda again with my low histamine replacement, the tapioca starch can be replaced by normal corn or potato starch and the chia seeds by ground flaxseeds. The recipe is very versatile and as always super simple to prepare. Success guarantee included.
As a topping I used my carob “chocolate” sauce. You can find the recipe here. If you dont´t have carob powder, you can use normal unsweetened cacao powder as well. For those of you who have a histamine intolerance like me, carob is the perfect low histamine and tolerable substitute.
Now I wish you a lot of fun with the recipe. Let me know in the comments how you like it.
Moist Vegan Coconut Pancakes (low histamine)
- 3/4 cup spelt flour ((80g))
- 1/4 cup tapioka starch or another kind ((30g))
- 1/2 cup coconut flour ((60g))
- 1 cup water ((240ml))
- 1/2 cup coconut milk ((120ml))
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder replacement ((or normal baking powder))
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Put spelt flour, starch, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and chia seeds into a bowl and mix well.
- Add coconut milk and water to the dry ingredients and whisk well until you get a thick dough. Let it rest for about 10 minutes so that the chia seeds can soak.
- Heat a layered pan (I always put it at highest heat first and reduce to medium heat), stir the dough again and add 1/3 cup of dough in the pan.
- I use a larger one and always bake 3 pancakes at the same time.
- Bake the pancake until small bubbles are formed on the surface. Then, turn with a pan turn and bake the other side for 1 minute for a maximum of 2 minutes.
- Now you can stack or lay the finished pancakes on a plate and garnish them with fruit, carob sauce or syrup.