11 Feb Super fluffy crêpes (vegan, low histamine)
Making vegan crêpes is not so easy. Most conventional recipes contain eggs and cow’s milk. Also wheat flour is used very often, which is not the best choice with a histamine intolerance. Most of us can´t tolerate it very good. That means once again it needs a little experimentation to find the right mixture of compatible ingredients.
I use spelt flour, replace refined sugar with coconut sugar and normal baking powder with my baking powder replacement. By exchanging the coconut oil with apple sauce the crêpes are even oil-free. Actually, I am trying out a gluten-free recipe, but I am not really satisfied yet!
Crêpes have become one of my favorite breakfasts, especially when they are so delicious, fluffy and thin. I love the vanilla scent when they sizzle in the pan and on the plate they also make something real. The variety of toppings is unlimited, and everything from fruit over nut butter to syrup is possible. I like them the most especially with carob “chocolate” sauce .
Have fun with trying the recipe!
Super fluffy crêpes (vegan, low histamine)
- 2 cups spelt flour ((240g))
- 1 cup water ((240ml))
- 1 cup plant milk ((240 ml - or another plant based milk)))
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar ((30g - or an alternative sweetener))
- 1 tbsp coconut oil ((melted - or use apple sauce))
- 1 tsp baking powder replacement * ((or normal baking powder))
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla ((or vanilla extract))
- Add the spelt flour, coconut blossom sugar, vanilla and baking powder to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add the plant milk and the water to the dry ingredients and mix with a snow bean to get a smooth dough (it is liquid). Add the coconut oil or the apple sauce and let the dough rest for a short time.
- Lightly coat a pan with some coconut oil and heat it at the highest level. Then reduce the temperature to medium heat.
- Place a small trowel full of dough in the center of the pan, lift the pan and move slowly in circles to spread the dough. You can also use a silicone spatula.
- Bake the crêpe for about 2 minutes, turn and bake again for 2 minutes from the other side. Use the rest of the dough exactly the same way.
- Arrange the finished crêpe on a plate, roll, fold, fill, and decorate.